Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting ready for baby

Everything is going well with me and the baby (and Jarod too!). We have weekly appointments and lots of monitoring. I am starting to get ready. I have effaced a little bit more each appointment and I am just starting to dilate (60% effaced and 1 cm dilated). The baby has gotten lower at each appt. too. We are planning to induce on January 6th unless I go into labor before than. So that is only 1 week away! I can do anything for a week-so I keep telling myself! I am done working and just trying to finish organize everything at home and finish up all the last minute things I haven't had time to do that I have wanted to do such, make cute burp clothes!
I found this really great idea online a while ago-its to make really cute burp clothes. You sew a panel of fabric down the middle of a cloth diaper and add some ribbon to the side and you have a cute burp cloth that is super absorbant! The first stack is a sample of ones I made for friends (I have made boyish ones and girlish ones) and the ones at the bottom are ones I have been working on for me! I have a bunch more colors and ribbon that I need to work on and add to my stack.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Crisps said...

Wow one week!!!!!! I am soooo excited for you guys! (and for me! I get a new niece, yay!) I didn't realize it was so soon, good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it and especially can't wait to see your new little angel. I have seen that idea about the burp clothes, I also thought they were really cute! Good job to you for actually making them though!
Oh- Make sure and enjoy your last few days of being childless!!

lannie_rae said...

they are really cute. What type of fabric do you use for the middle portion.

Jarod and Tanya Rollins said...

thanks for the comments!
I used flannel so its nice and soft against the baby's face-but cotton would be great too. I washed everything first too (including the ribbon). A friend of mine got some and the person that made them didn't wash them first and the ribbon shrank all funny and stuff.