Saturday, April 2, 2011

Couponing!

I have gotten into the coupon craze. There are quite a few ladies at church that coupon and they did a little class on it a while ago. I had started couponing a little bit before that but I really understood so much more after the class and really got into it after that. Its amazing how much money you can save if you really work hard at it. I spend just a couple hours a week (only on the weeks I actually go to the store to coupon-other weeks I don't even spend time on it at all) and I save hundreds of dollars. I took some pictures of a few of my more successful shopping trips.


This is a purchase at Rite Aid I made about a month ago. I did 3-4 transactions (which means I had to got through the line a couple of times-some of the transactions I did one right after the other). So just guess how much you think I would have spent on all this:

  • 3 bags of chex mix
  • 1 gillete powered razor
  • 9 packages of paper plates/bowls \
  • 2 packages of dishwasher soap
  • 2 bottles of Tums
  • 2 bottles of Bayer low does aspirin
  • 3 packages of feminine pads
  • 1 box of tampons
  • 4 packages of diapers

I only paid $6.25! WOOHOO! I was so proud of this purchase.







These 2 pictures are from a great shopping trip to Albertson's. They do doubler coupons and it makes the deals so amazing. I got all the things in the 2 pictures for under $25. There were

  • 40 cans of veggies
  • 2 boxes Ritz
  • 13 boxes cake mixes
  • 13 cans of frosting
  • 3 boxes of popcorn
  • 3 bottles of vegetable oil
  • 9 cans of Pam cooking spray
  • several cans of soup (I don't remember how many)
  • 10 bags of flour
  • 10 cookie mixes
  • 4 graham cracker crusts
  • 8 yogurts
  • 13 boxes of Swiss Miss
  • 2 gravy packets
  • 3 boxes ziploc bags
  • big can of oatmeal
  • 2 jugs of juice
If you want to learn more about couponing I use the websites: happymoneysaver.com and athriftymom.com.

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!


1 comment:

McKell&Janeene said...

Wow that is awesome!!!