Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crafts!

I have been crafting a lot lately. My mom, sister-in-law, and I have been doing a craft night once a week and its a blast. Its so fun to actually get some projects done and spend time with them too. The first night I decided to make a St. Patty's day decoration since I don't have anything for March 17.


Here is what I came up with. I love all the Subway Tile writing that is really popular right now. I got the writing from HERE and it comes in all different colors. I just painted a plain board white, distressed it, than Mod Podge on some cute paper and than the signage, drilled 2 holes and tied a cute ribbon it-DONE! I hung it on my key rack and it was so cute.



We just had Super Saturday in our ward (which I was in charge of as the new Enrichment Leader) and we made some really cute Temple Picture Blocks. I got the idea from HERE. I thought they turned out so cute. The ribbon was found by my friend Jessica from Hobby Lobby!




I saw this super cute button egg and just had to make one for Easter. So last craft night I whipped one up. I got the idea from HERE. I just used whatever buttons my mom and I had. I painted my burlap with some watered down brown paint to get the look of my inspiration egg. Now I just need to make some cute felt bunnies to match!

1 comment:

lannie_rae said...

Tanya,
Everything is so cute! I am so jealous that you get to have a craft night once a week. I could work on crafts almost every night but it is so much better when other people are there.
I was just thinking of starting a group once a month so thanks for all your great links.